This page provides general information on Redocly Portal and its documentation.
The Redocly Portal is the most convenient and user-friendly solution that allows you to complete the following API documentation-related tasks:
- Create, edit, and manage a significant number of API documentation portals.
- Integrate interactive API samples right into the text descriptions.
- Provide high-quality industry standards (customizable look and feel, an advanced search functionality, single source of truth, and so on).
- Use the advanced formatting functions to create the clear and easy-to-use content.
This guide includes the following chapters:
- Introduction (this chapter) – familiarizes with the Portal's main features and its documentation.
- Getting started – lists steps to install and run the Portal.
- Configuration – describes how to organize the files and folders and how to configure the look and feel of the Portal.
- Headers and footers – describes how to configure headers and footers within the
- Sidebar navigation – describes how to configure the sidebar navigation within the
- Creating content – describes how to create and manage your content.
Before you start working with Redocly Portal, we recommend getting familiar with the following terms and definitions:
- OpenAPI Specification (formerly Swagger Specification) – an API description format for REST APIs.
- API documentation portal – a place that provides all necessary documentation related to the API.
- Single source of truth – a practice of structuring the information models and associated data schema such that every data element is mastered (or edited) in only one place.
- Markdown – a lightweight markup language with plain text formatting syntax. Its design allows it to be converted to many output formats, but the original tool by the same name only supports HTML.
- Markdown extensions – Markdown extensions allow you to extend and enhance the Markdown preview. This includes changing the look of the preview or adding support for new Markdown syntax.